"Prom and graduation season is here again - this is a time for celebration," This time of year is home to two teenage milestones -- the prom and graduation. Proms give teenagers a chance to dress up and dance the night away with friends. Graduation marks the ending of a chapter in a teen's life and the beginning of another. Of course, it is acceptable to let loose at these memorable events. But they should not be used as an excuse to drink.
A chauffeured limousine from Lavish Limos will turn a teenager's prom into a dream-come-true, and give a parent peace-of-mind about safety. Prom and Graduation is a dangerous season for Teens with increase in alcohol related accidents. Parents can help prevent Prom Night drinking. One of the most effective prevention efforts is for parents to simply talk with their teens about the dangers of drinking on prom night.
Here are some tips that can help parents make their child's prom night experience a safer one.
• Make sure your teen has a plan for the evening and that you know what that plan is.
• Work with the school to make sure food is served during the prom itself.
• Discuss the school's prom rules with your teen and the consequences for violating them.
• Communicate with other parents and school officials.
• Stay up for prom-goer's return home and let them know you will be waiting.